Cloud Data Architect
GCP Cloud Architecture · London (Remote Based) Flexible Remote
As a Cloud Data Architect, you'll be recognised as an industry leader in Cloud Computing. You’ll gain exposure to cutting edge technologies, and would be a highly trusted advisor to your customers.
Cloud Data Architect
As a Cloud Data Architect for CTS, you’d be recognised as an industry leader in Cloud Computing. You’ll gain exposure to cutting edge technologies, placing yourself at the forefront of a field that’s constantly evolving.
You’ll use your in-depth technical knowledge and appreciation for business concerns and priorities to become a highly trusted advisor to your customers.
You’ll work closely with the Sales Engineering and Delivery teams to ensure that the products and services being proposed are appropriate and aligned to customers’ requirements.
Each customer you work with will have a unique set of requirements. A ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t a viable option - you’ll need to design unique solutions for each project. You can be sure that no two days will be the same.
You’ll get the flexibility to balance your work life with your personal interests and commitments. You won’t be restricted to an annual holiday quota, you’ll be trusted to manage your holidays responsibly.
What you’ll do:
- Become a trusted advisor to customers by having a thorough understanding of business challenges and the relevant cloud technologies to solve them.
- Help diverse organisations use Google Cloud services, and other supporting solutions like Looker, to solve complex data challenges.
- Understand existing systems and services and the challenges they present to a customer’s business.
- Collaborate with Sales and Engineering teams to develop high-level solution designs and statements of work and to ensure a smooth handover from sales to engineering.
- Ensure that the company’s offerings can deliver on the customers’ requirements.
What you’ll need:
- Ability to translate customer requirements into technical designs and follow this through to delivery of the solution.
- Ability to design highly available, complex data platforms, and develop others to be able to do so.
- Strong understanding of modern approaches to data engineering and the best approach to solve our customers’ unique data problems
- Work closely with our CTO to develop Go To Market strategies for our Data Engineering and Machine Learning offerings
- A proven track record of delivering production systems at scale with at least one major cloud provider (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Strong experience building ETL / ELT pipelines, Data Lakes and Data Warehouses
- A good understanding of some of the following:
Hadoop / Spark | Apache Airflow | Apache Beam | Relational database technologies (Microsoft SQL, Oracle or PostgreSQL) | Teradata | Tensorflow | Analytical tools (Looker, Tableau, Qlik, Data Studio) |
This role would be remote based, with some occasional travel to customer sites and to our office locations in Manchester and Utrecht (Netherlands).
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary, you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policies, health & wellbeing initiatives and access to a discounts and rewards programme (including discounted gym membership)
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
So what’s next?
Contact us directly at email@example.com for more info.
CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts. We offer a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT infrastructure, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
We have a brilliant team of more than 200 people in offices in Manchester, Edinburgh & Utrecht as well as across our globally remote workforce. But we’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.