Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
GCP Support Services · Edinburgh
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
As a Senior SRE you will be spending your time managing our key customers' GCP solutions, using your skills for a variety of undertakings to ensure continual improvement of our customer's platforms. The experience you have working in a SRE role (or DevOps) will be key to providing leadership and support to maintain and develop the SRE mindset within the wider delivery teams.
Exposure to a wide variety of technologies and software is a given and you will be expected to investigate the use of new technologies as they become available.
What you’ll do:
- Identify optimisation opportunities across customer environments and lead the implementation of said improvements.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the wider MSP Team with a focus on SRE principles.
- Design, plan and implement highly available, global and Cloud native improvements.
- Develop internal tooling for the wider MSP Team.
- Incident response, including on-call duties with a generous rate paid above
- Extensive hands-on experience with at least one major cloud provider (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Previous experience in a SRE or DevOps role
- Commercial Kubernetes operational experience
- Great communication (in person and written) skills
- You’re proactive and you like to solve problems. You want to get involved and make things happen, ensuring the best outcomes for your team, the business and our customers
- Ability to automate common tasks in at least one programming language (I.E. reduce toil)
- A thorough understanding of Terraform and associated deployment methodologies
- Incident Management - able to triage incidents and effectively handle escalations.
- Good awareness of application development, delivery and infrastructure methodologies
- Experience with some of the following technologies:
- Containerisation technologies
- Configuration management tooling
- Excellent understanding of the Linux operating system
- Continuous integration and deployment tool sets
- Common DevOps technology stacks
- Database technologies including MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Serverless and microservice architectures
- GCP / AWS professional certifications
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator
- Prior experience working in a customer-facing role.
- Solid knowledge of cloud architecture principles and highly available systems
Central Edinburgh office or fully remote possible if you’re comfortable with distributed working.
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary, you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policies, health & wellbeing initiatives and access to a discounts and rewards programme (including discounted gym membership)
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
So what’s next?
Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts. We offer a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT infrastructure, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
We have a brilliant team of more than 200 people in offices in Manchester, Edinburgh & Utrecht as well as across our globally remote workforce. But we’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.