Support Engineer - Google Workspace
Workspace Support Services · Edinburgh Flexible Remote
Support Engineer - Google Workspace
Are you an enthusiastic and customer-focused individual with a great work ethic? Are you looking for an opportunity to learn and develop within a dynamic and progressive organisation? Do you have an inquisitive nature and the ability to use technology to solve problems? If so then an opportunity within the Google Workspace Support function at CTS could be perfect for you!
You’d join a dynamic team of Analysts & Engineers who specialise in providing a high-quality service to clients across the globe. Our clients range from organisations with many thousands of staff through to small businesses supporting a handful of employees.
At CTS we understand the importance of giving our employees the tools to do their job effectively. We can provide training and development opportunities that will enable you to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing first-class support and interactions with the customer via Service Portal, telephone, email and Google Chat/Meet sessions. Our expanding portfolio of services gives you the opportunity to develop your career in areas such as Professional Services, Training, Systems/Software Architecture, Software Development and Google Cloud Platform technologies.
- Provide support and advice to clients on the Google Workspace platform
- Adhere to the service level agreements dealing with enquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Contribute to the continual improvement of service and regular reporting
- Provide on-call support for clients out-of-hours via a rota system
- Demonstrable experience in a customer-facing service desk/helpdesk role
- Able to build trust quickly and adapt to a variety of different people and situations
- The ability to analyse and methodically resolve problems
- A natural curiosity and experience in applying technology to resolve customer issues
- The ability to convey complex issues to people at all levels of seniority both verbally and in writing
- Enthusiasm and self-assuredness
- Confidence with technology and the Internet
- Commercial experience in IT service desk environments
- Technical expertise with the Google Workspace Platform is desirable but not essential as training can be given
- Knowledge of Zendesk or other comparable ticketing systems
- The ability to communicate in languages other than English
- Experience in SaaS/IaaS, specifically Google Cloud Technologies
The office is located in Edinburgh City Centre (Lochrin Square) and close to all central public transport links. There will be options for flexible/remote working.
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary, you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policies, health & wellbeing initiatives and access to a discounts and rewards programme (including discounted gym membership)
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts. We offer a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT infrastructure, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
We have a brilliant team of more than 200 people in offices in Manchester, Edinburgh & Utrecht as well as across our globally remote workforce. But we’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.