CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts.
As a Cloud Architect for CTS, you will be at the forefront of cloud technology using your skills for a variety of undertakings. Using your in-depth technical knowledge and experience, coupled with a keen sense of business concerns and priorities, you will become a highly trusted advisor to our customers.
Working closely with the Sales Engineering and Delivery teams, you will ensure that the products and services being proposed are appropriate and aligned to customers’ requirements.
The technical aspects of your role will be a balance of carrying out pre-sales activities and ‘hands on’ billable delivery work, plus ‘thought leadership’ activities such as writing blogs, and engaging with the Google technical community. You’ll also keep up to date with emerging technologies, and regularly complete professional certifications.
As part of a growing organisation, you will get opportunities to broaden your technical area of expertise through exposure to the wide array of customers CTS have.
Please Note: Previous experience of GCP is not essential, we are happy to consider those with experience of other cloud providers (AWS/Azure).
What you'll do:
- Become a trusted advisor to customers by having a thorough understanding of their business challenges and the relevant GCP technologies, patterns and practices to address them.
- Collaborate with both Sales and Engineering teams to develop high-level solution designs and statements of work and to ensure a smooth handover from sales to engineering. No throwing things ‘over the fence’ here.
- Ensure that the company’s offerings can deliver on the customer’s requirements.
- Keep abreast of technology developments ensuring the CTS business remains ahead of the technology curve.
- Represent CTS externally with Google and more widely in the market. We can shape this to your skills, e.g. technical writing, or presenting at events, etc.
- A proven track record of delivering production systems with at least one major cloud provider.
- Assured, credible & respected because you’ve “been there” and “done that” in cloud.
- Excellent knowledge of either software, platform or data architecture principles.
- A good understanding of infrastructure as code and GitOps deployment methodologies.
- Understanding of Site Reliability Engineering principles.
- Solid problem-solving abilities coupled with a desire to take ownership.
- The ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand.
- And of course, a passion for GCP!
- GCP/AWS professional certifications.
- Previous experience in a consultancy or professional services role.
This role can be based from any of our offices in Manchester, Edinburgh, Utrecht, or it can be fully remote based. Those who choose to work remotely might be required to travel to customer sites and to CTS offices for specific meetings or events. Travel expenses will be charged back to the business.
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary, you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
Diversity & Inclusion:
At CTS, we look after each other and support everyone on our team. We’re proud of our people-centred culture; our diversity brings us innovation and our commitment to inclusion drives us forward. If you share these values and would be interested in joining one of our teams, get in touch today.
CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts. We offer a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT infrastructure, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
We have a brilliant team of more than 200 people in offices in Manchester, Edinburgh & Utrecht as well as across our globally remote workforce. But we’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.