Cloud Data Architect
CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts.
As a Cloud Data Architect you will be at the forefront of cloud technology, using your skills for a variety of undertakings. Using your in-depth technical knowledge and experience, coupled with a keen sense of business concerns and priorities, you will become a highly trusted advisor to your customers.
Working closely with our Sales and Delivery teams, you will ensure that the solutions and technical architectures being proposed are appropriate and aligned to customers’ requirements.
The technical aspects of your role will be a balance of carrying out pre-sales activities and ‘hands on’ billable delivery work, plus ‘thought leadership’ activities such as writing blogs, and engaging with the Google technical community. You’ll also keep up to date with emerging technologies, and regularly complete professional certifications.
As part of a growing organisation, you will get opportunities to broaden your technical area of expertise through exposure to the wide array of customers CTS have.
Please Note: Previous experience of GCP is not essential, we are happy to consider those with experience of other cloud providers (AWS/Azure).
What you’ll do:
- Become a trusted advisor to customers by having a thorough understanding of business challenges and the relevant cloud technologies to solve them.
- Help diverse organisations use Google Cloud and other supporting solutions, like Looker, to solve complex data challenges.
- Understanding existing systems and services and the challenges they present to a customer’s business.
- Collaborate with Sales and Engineering teams to develop high-level solution designs and statements of work and to ensure a smooth handover from sales to engineering.
- Ensure that the company’s offerings can deliver on the customer’s requirements.
- Keep abreast of technology developments ensuring the CTS business remains ahead of the technology curve.
- A proven track record of delivering production systems at scale with at least one major cloud provider
- Ability to translate customer requirements into technical designs and follow this through to delivery of the solution.
- Assured, credible & respected because you’ve “been there” and “done that” in cloud.
- Strong understanding of modern approaches to data engineering and the best approach to solve our customers’ unique data problems
- Solid problem-solving abilities coupled with a desire to take on responsibility.
- The ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand.
- And of course, a passion for GCP!
- GCP/AWS professional certifications.
- Strong experience building ETL / ELT pipelines, Data Lakes and Data Warehouses
- Previous experience in a consultancy or professional services role.
This role can be based from any of our offices in Manchester, Edinburgh, Utrecht, or it can be fully remote based. Those who choose to work remotely might be required to travel to customer sites and to CTS offices for specific meetings or events. Travel expenses will be charged back to the business.
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary, you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
Diversity & Inclusion:
At CTS, we look after each other and support everyone on our team. We’re proud of our people-centred culture; our diversity brings us innovation and our commitment to inclusion drives us forward. If you share these values and would be interested in joining one of our teams, get in touch today. You can find out more at https://careers.cts.co/pages/our-diversity-commitments
CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts. We offer a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT infrastructure, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
We have a brilliant team of more than 200 people in offices in Manchester, Edinburgh & Utrecht as well as across our globally remote workforce. But we’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.