CTO - Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
As Chief Technology Officer (CTO) for GCP within CTS, Europe’s largest dedicated Google Cloud partner, you will lead a diverse team of Cloud Architects to ensure the success of CTS customers’ cloud journey.
You’ll be seen as the thought leader and talisman of the GCP community within CTS. You’ll also be a brand ambassador within the wider industry by writing or recording public content, speaking at events, etc.
A key part of this role will be to maintain team morale and encourage a positive and collaborative mentality, both within the team and into the wider business. You will be consistently looking for diverse individuals to join the team as we continue to grow.
You will help to define solutions to new potential opportunities, and ensure the team consistently delivers high quality engagements - and ultimately customer success - with GCP. The success of this role will be defined by:
- Consistent order intake (sales) growth, inline or exceeding our targets for the GCP team
- Customer satisfaction with all of the GCP services delivered by CTS and our long term customer engagements
You’ll have a leadership background (ideally leading GCP deployments and their adoption), and experience in driving consulting outcomes and providing a great service for customers.
If you have a passion for GCP (and an ability to persuasively articulate it’s benefits), along with great communication and team leadership skills, this job would be a great opportunity for you.
- Shape and lead a team of Cloud Architects specialising in GCP.
- Own the recruitment of new team members, carrying out interviews and assessments to ensure new hires are a good fit for the team.
- Work closely with the GCP leadership team contributing to the GCP business strategy and how we continue to grow effectively
- Provide leadership and clarity of vision to customers in the pre-sales process.
- Provide directly (and scaled via your team), the pre-sales support to create high quality proposals and SOWs in a timely manner for customer opportunities.
- Where possible, use templates and encourage the use of repeatable materials.
Implementation & CSAT:
- Have accountability for the quality of High Level Design (HLDs) and close collaboration with the deployment teams delivering Low Level Designs and it’s successful implementation. Responsibility rests with the team leads, with whom you will need to collaborate with to ensure success.
- Customer CSAT for all GCP ProServ and MSP engagements. Ultimately, you are on the hook for the technical / design success of all GCP projects and GCP MSP deployments.
- Lead on how we innovate to improve results for our clients.
Learning & Development:
- Ensure your team members have appropriate assets, skills and support. Set their L&D learning paths working with the People Team. Work with the engineering leads to ensure L&D is aligned across the GCP team.
- Collaborate with the engineering leads regarding training of the wider team to make sure we are utilising modern frameworks and new technologies which will meet and exceed customer requirements.
- Provide thought leadership on the adoption of GCP (and the relevant Open Source / ISV) technologies, both supporting others and personally delivering talks, whitepapers and other materials. CTS wants to continue to live to its highest standards and aspire to be the World Wide GCP Partner of the Year.
- Provide clear reasoned feedback from the field into Google on suggested changes to their GCP platforms, partner programmes and methodologies. You will be known as a trusted expert they can rely on.
- Clear experience of leading a team(s) that focus on delivering projects and / or support to external customers.
- Hold all highest level relevant certifications with Google.
- Experience and passion for Google cloud and it’s potential for positive impact for our customers.
- A track record delivering successful GCP and other projects for external customers while maintaining productivity and motivation within the team
- Experience of working in a matrix management environment with teams providing technical and functional services.
- Drive the renewal and continued use of CTS services, including licensing and support.
- Comfortable in a growing business environment, and keen to be part of the leadership team defining solutions to sometimes challenging problems.
- Great communication skills, you’re a core part of the GCP leadership team & an inspiration to team members and the wider business, alike. You’ll also be in your element explaining to customers, prospects and Googlers how we can solve problems for them.
- P&L responsibility for your team and some commercial acumen around customer proposals and pricing models.
This role would be remote based, with travel to customer sites and to our office locations in Manchester and Utrecht (Netherlands).
We could tell you about our relaxed dress code and vibrant city centre offices, but they're just the nice extras right (and who even wears a suit nowadays?). What’s more important is our culture and how we get things done.
Over the last 10+ years we've nurtured an open and supportive culture within CTS that has been the backbone of our growth. It’s an environment that affords our staff the flexibility they need to get the job done, whilst maintaining a proper work-life balance. A workplace that challenges traditional ways of working.
We trust our team members to take ownership of their own workload and provide them with the tools and training they need to do their job effectively, so it’s no surprise that 94% of our employees feel they are able to deliver their best work.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At CTS, we look after each other and support everyone on our team. We’re proud of our people-centred culture; our diversity brings us innovation and our commitment to inclusion drives us forward. If you share these values and would be interested in joining one of our teams, get in touch today!
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary, you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policies, health & wellbeing initiatives and access to a discounts and rewards programme (including discounted gym membership).
You’ll be invited to the annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
Fair Pay. Done Right.
We don't advertise salary brackets because we don't have salary brackets. We encourage conversation about your (and our) salary expectations from the off and throughout your time with us. We don't want to discourage anyone from applying because they are on significantly more or less than a "bracket".